Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hobbity Sketches

BOFUR



I added another layer of oil. I'm using Holbein's water soluble oils with their fast drying medium as well as linseed oil. These are so much better than the other brand (Winsor and Newton). Much closer to regular oils. Still not done but will get back to her in about a month.
BOMBUR

I have a big project deadline so I have to put these experiments aside. Have done alot of sketches but these two dwarfs from The Hobbit movie were fun to do because their distinctive faces. I don't think I will ever keep these 13 guys straight.

8 comments:

poul said...

Wonderful sketches!!! Bofur is amazing!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Poul!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Kim!

Isn't it FANTASTIC that Richard Armitage is playing Thorin Oakenshield in the new movie? Can't wait.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Yes! Have you seen his photo? Thorin...the hunky, handsome dwarf. Hey. I'd follow him into a dragon's lair any day.

Anonymous said...

Who knew dwarves could be so darn handsome?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this Bombur! Your pencil shading technique appears simple, but accomplishes so much! The work of a very practiced hand. It looks great unfinished. Reminds me of the portraits in the credits of Return of the King.
Would you mind if I posted a link to these pics on my website?
http://heirsofdurin.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/hobbit-movie-fan-art/

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thanks for visiting, HeirsofDurin. If you think these would be okay, you are more than welcome to post a link. What a great website. Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I will have the link up shortly!