Saturday, October 8, 2011

Imagine FX and IMC

For the past 4 years, ImagineFX has chosen 10 students from IMC to be featured in one of their issues. Not too sure how I got in, but here I am. I knew there was a possibility because the staff writer had sent me some questions about IMC, but you never know if you'll make print. I'm grateful to be featured along with some of the top notch students. My little butterfly girl sort of looks out of place with these more powerful works...yep, a tad anemic. But hey, no complaints. I bought the very last issue at B&N. Due to the Star Wars special, it went super fast.

5 comments:

Jennie Chan Moscatelli said...

Kim,

How exciting! Congrats! Your work is amazing so I'm not surprised.
Keep up the great work!

Jen

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thanks Jen.

Linda Lawler said...

Congrats Kim, I thought it was a winner also, when I saw you working at the IMC. You definitely deserve the recognition.
Linda Lawler

Vicki said...

Yep, I agree. It's beautiful. It's nice that they didn't choose all heavy, dramatic themes. The colors and your handling of paint in your piece are irresistable.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Vicki. Yeah, maybe having a contrasting piece in the article was a good thing. Regardless, I am grateful to be included.