Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Arwen....yet again.

 So, back to Arwen. Yeah, guess what happened? I lost the sketch again. Blast it! Lost the transparency of the paint too. So, I started again. And I think I prefer this new one much more.
Here are the steps. I started with a sketch. 
 Scanned into PS and started building around it. I knew I wanted her back lit and of course, the banner needed to be included as well. Tried to frame her with the tree in the foreground.
 Needed two hands to show her looking at the banner.
 Then I warmed it up some more and added the leaves.
Trying for a looser look. Applying color as I would paint. I think her hands might need improvement and perhaps more length. I will get my midweek critique tomorrow. I also feel I need to thicken one of the branches to give it more variation. That's all for now.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Nice! Knowing absolutely nothing about the books or the characters, I get more of a feeling for who she might be than from the previous painting -- More emotion, more personality.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Suzy!

John Calvin said...

I never get tired of seeing LOTR-inspired art. It looks great.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thanks John. Do you have your Hobbit tickets??

Unknown said...

This is digital? Wow, I never would have thunk it ...

Ruthie Redden said...

Kim , i never tire of seeing you beautiful work & the process involved. Sighs, just wonderful. (green with envy again lol) x

CL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.