Sunday, July 21, 2013

Big News for Kingkiller Chronicles

This has been a big spoiler week with the San Diego Comic Con revealing many trailers, etc. for upcoming movies and projects. But one major announcement for Pat Rothfuss' fans came via I09 and Buzzfeed. The series has been opted by FOX for a tv series. AND they used my image of Kvothe on both pages, thank you very much. My thanks also go out to Corina St.Martin and Lauren Cannon for having my back and notifying me that I09 needed a credit link. Fellow artists are so awesome.
Of course, now all the casting speculation has begun, even though this is just in it's "option" stage if I understand correctly. As much as I like Eddie Redmayne, I would love to see some fresh faces star in this. 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool Kim! I'd be very interested in checking that series out. I just hope the actor in question here doesn't sing like he did in Les Miserables!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Brian and Barbara-Helen.

Angela Sandberg said...

Exciting news, and congrats! I agree- I've enjoyed Mr.Redmayne, but am open to a relatively unknown coming into their own with this role!

Kim Rempel said...

I've always admired that illustration! Glad you got credit for it!

coolgreenkicks said...

I am unsure how I feel about this. I don't want this to turn into a vampire diaries type thing. Where every character is played by a model. It needs to be edgy imo.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

I agree,coolgreenkicks. Get some fresh, interesting faces in there. No one cliche or typical.

Keith Parker said...

I loved the name of the wind! I hope they do this right!!!

Tammie Lee said...

wow wow wow
how did i miss this news, so happy for you Kim!

Anonymous said...

Wow your artworks are all amazing! Especially this one. This is the most striking one. He's super good looking and looks fierce! This work has so much depth. He'd be a perfect hero for any epic story! Keep doing what your doing and I hope you gain more recognition for your work!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I always HOPED to see Rothfuss' books turned into a movie or tv series!!!

I LOVE your artwork btw!