Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spectrum 21

I am both honored and humbled to report that one of my paintings was selected to be in this year's issue of Spectrum. I have not been selected since issue 14. Last year I submitted what I felt was my best work to date only to be disappointed. This year was a last minute decision, just to support the magazine and I got in. Go figure. I think the lesson here is to keep trying. Keep submitting. You never know.

I received this photo (below) from the collector who bought Heron Girl. I love how she choose to frame it. The motif in the frame truly complements the painting, giving it an Egyptian feeling...like she's now in the Nile, bathing. I appreciate others who have shown me how they have framed my work.

  The next is from a woman who bought both a print and the original sketch of Jorg. She framed it along with her letter from the author, Mark Lawrence.


The same author posted this on Facebook, showing how he displayed the print I sent to him.

Great to see they have all gone to good homes.

2 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

So happy for you having a piece in Spectrum.... I guess there is no figuring, no knowing what they are looking for and when. This is a moving and interesting piece.

I also enjoyed seeing how some have framed your art. Your painting is gorgeous in the Egyptian frame.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you Tammie. I love your profile painting!